Two Hour Delays

I both love and hate two hour delays. I love them, because it means we get to skip two hours of the school day, but I hate them, because there wasn’t enough snow to have the full day off, and the schedule gets all messed up during the school day. But today, with the two hour delay messing up the schedule, when I was in keyboarding, the bell for lunch rang, but Mrs.Maxvill thought that was the bell to switch classes, so all of went to House C, but no one was there. So we all thought we were either really late, or really early. But what we didn’t realize, was that we were half an hour early. So when the bell rang for the eight graders to be in lunch, all of us were expecting a huge mob of people to rush out of their classrooms, but no one came. So we just walked to our second block classes, which mine was Strings, and my friend Ava’s was Resource, which is our split block class. So I was just waiting outside my Strings teacher’s room for five minutes not noticing that no one else was coming. But since Ava and I were in the same hallway, we both noticed that we were the only ones in the hallway. So we started walking down the hallway to the House office together, to ask what was happening, and what was wrong. But when we were doing that, we ran into the Dean, who after we explained our case to, instantly sent us back to our third block, telling us that we still had another half an hour of dreadful keyboarding.

Published by

Max

Hi! I’m Max, a 13 year old transgender, and non binary dude. I started this blog when I was in sixth grade, and now I continue it to tell my story, and hopefully to inspire others.

2 thoughts on “Two Hour Delays

1. Ah… the good and the bad of two-hour delays. My daughter had one yesterday. While I was sad she missed part of her school day, it was nice to have a more leisurely morning with her and my son.

2. Kate,
    You are so not alone. I also “both hate and love two hour delays” for many of the same reasons. I prefer all, all day off, or none, regular time because it’s confusing when I have to make a full day scrunch into part of a day. It usually doesn’t and someone is unhappy!

What “string” do you play? I used to play bass in the orchestra.

Tell me more. Why is keyboarding so dreadful? That was one of my favorite classes!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Ms. McV