Why Do People Ask That?

Why do people come up to me and ask, “is it your birthday?” Because no. It’s not my birthday. Just because I’m Irish, it doesn’t mean that it’s my birthday on St. Patrick’s Day. How is that even a question? If you’re Catholic, and it’s Christmas, I don’t ask you if it’s your birthday, because I know it’s not. That’s just common sense. If you celebrate a holiday, because of your  religion, or culture, it DOESN’T mean that it’s your birthday. How does that even make sense? Why have four people asked me that today? Do you see my locker decorated? Do you see my walking down the hallway feeling proud that I turned twelve? No. You don’t. Because it’s not my birthday.

Published by

Max

Hi! I’m Max, a 13 year old transgender, and non binary dude. I started this blog when I was in sixth grade, and now I continue it to tell my story, and hopefully to inspire others.

One thought on “Why Do People Ask That?

1. It is funny the assumptions that people can make. It is nice that people care enough to make sure they are not missing a special day for you. I love your last sentence.